Monday, April 12, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Alayna Played in the grass for the first time ever... now to convince her it's not for eating!
Play date with Laura... this was the only shot with all 3 heads pointed in my general direction

This week I'm posting all week long... well kind of it will be a compilation of random things that happened throughout the week that have allowed me to feel the simple pleasures of day to day life.

Monday: *I got new shoes. Not only are they new shoes; I got new shoes with incredible service and patience from a salesman who watched my two year old prance around the store in hot pink track shoes that were at least 10 sizes too big.
* Ben called for prayer over a very casual dinner. With one foot proped up on a chair Ben says "let's pray just standing where we are". Eliza was sitting on her chair when this statement was made so she promptly got down moved right next to daddy proped one leg up on the chair and folded her arms for prayer (mind you the chair seat is about at her waist so this whole scene is making it very difficult to not laugh). By some miraicle I managed to make it through the prayer with a little bit of reverence.

Tuesday: Today I am greatful for a clean house. I spent my entire day cleaning and doing dishes and cooking and feeding the baby. I'm even more greatful for a very patient little Eliza who happily played the majority of the day by herself.
Alayna has been busy worshiping the ground Eliza walks on. They have been so adorable to watch playing together. Eliza is an incredible big sister and etertained Alayna as much as she could. I wish there were adequate words to descibe how much I love seeing my girls Love each other.

Wednesday: I have fallen. I have fallen victim to my own selfish desires. I am taking full advantage of the kindness of the Turner family and have stolen Laura (3yrs) for the day. Laura was fantastic entertainment for Eliza all afternoon. They did everything under the sun... played outside, in the basement, and about 6 tea parties later I turned on a movie for their nap. Post nap involved a few more tea parties, painting, coloring, and Eliza passing out in sheer exhaustion. The happiest part of the day was the joy of listening to three very happy little girls laugh and play with each other all day long!

Thursday: You know what's really funny... watching your kid spin in circles and then smash into the corner of the TV. You feel bad for them but it's incredibly difficult to not roll on the floor laughing.
Alayna has given me all new definition to not being ready for "real food". Tonight we attempted rice cereal (for the second time ever) in many varying consistancy and each time resulted in intense gaging followed by vomiting.

Friday: Date night! Wahoo!!! The evening included a rousing round of bowling (in reality I'm terrible but it was loads of fun) we ate terrible bowling ally food but watched the teams bowl some very impressive games.
This morning we were trying to get out the door and Eliza wanted Nani (her blanket thing). She of course wanted one specific one that has a loose ear (all the others are 'dirty' so they just wont do). In my irritation I finally took the one she had in her hand and trimed the ear so it too would be loose. She's never been so excited to see me cut up her toy.
We made the rek to Estes Park today. I needed a good drive and the girls needed naps. it was the perfect combination.

Saturday: "it's a special day, the day we get ready for Sunday..." (sing it with me, I know you know the song). Seriously that's what we did today. Cleaned house and took care of the girls. I'm exhausted. Simply beat. I will clean no more.
Sunday: Stake Conference the week after General conference is really hard on my little Eliza. Poor kid is really missing nursery this week. She played in the ball pit at Grandma Merritt's to make up for it though!

No comments: