Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

RecentlyI've begun to feel like I'm in a writing rut... my blog has become a laundry list of what I did with my week and is terribly boring to read. So my appologies for the bore I'll be working being at least a little more entertaining in my posts... and maybe a little less winded!

Alayna has officially found her voice. In fact it's almost a rare occasion to not be hearing her making some form of noise unless she is sleeping. And even then she may be making noise. Her current favorites is trying to imitate razzberry noises. She is growing like crazy and the weather is not agreeing with us on clothing needs. Alayna has outgown all the cloths that should have been spring time cloths and it wont stay consistantly warm enough to put her in summer cloths so I'm going to have to either go shopping or dig out the fall cloths that will be a little big but functional.

Eliza's been sick all week. I finally gave in a took her to the doctor after the 4th day of running a fever and they informed us that it is just a cold and that she'll get over it soon. I'm just greatful it's conference weekend and we wont be missing church again. Due to being ill all week we've spent a lot of time at home just resting. Monday Eliza slept 90% of the day and has spent the rest of the week mostly functional.

The girls spent Thursday Morning with Grandma Merritt while I finally got around to returning those dry clean only dresses. Eliza and grandma made daddy some rice crispy cupcakes and we're looking forward to dying eggs on Easter with the Merritt's as well. It was nice to get out alone for a bit. I borrowed Fablehaven (book) on disc from my mom and I'm officially hooked! I've been listening to it while I clean house!

I have started my spring cleaning (thanks to being the only person in my house who isn't sick). I'm VERY motivated to get the house all aired out and cleaned hopefully getting rid of some of those breeding germs that keep getting everyone sick. I'm greatful I've been spared the cold but taking care of everyone hasn't been a party either.

Ben's been really busy with work and he got sick in the middle of the week. So he's been sapped of all energy but surviving everything ok.

Conference was fantastic. Ben LOVED the priesthood session and I think that my favorite session was the Saturday morning one. Eliza had a blast dying eggs with Grandma the whisk worked beautifully so Eliza could do it herself without making a big mess! Sunday we had Easter dinner at the Merritt's and enjoyed a great Easter egg hunt for Eliza (she was so cute I'll get pictures up asap). The Easter Bunny really spoiled the girls, Alayna got a vibrating chew toy (LOVES it!) and a rubber ducky. Eliza got a jump rope, movie, and some tooth paste with all that candy!

Sorry for no pictures I'll post them later I'm in a bit of a rush currently so it'll just have to wait!

No comments: