Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's About Time!!

It's about time that I really did another update on this!
I should have some kind of excuse for not keeping up with my blogging but honestly I don't have any so we'll just say that sometimes life happens and we don't keep up with some of the things we should!


Sarah:
I officially started my final class before graduation. It's an intro to business law course and I have been yet again reminded how much I distaste leagal jargin, and politics and especially when you combine the two. Thankfully the motivation to NEVER have to take this course again has been enough to keep me going so far. Asside from school I have enjoyed my exercise class and taking advantage of my wonderful mother's day gift from Ben (a membership to the gym and all the local pools this summer!) We are looking forward to spending lots of time at the pool this summer!! Other than that garage sale season has finally started so I have begun the process of trying to figure out what the girls should get for Christmas this year. I also started work on Eliza's dollhouse bookcase which looks like it has some potential... eventually it will look like a doll house and not just planks of wood.

Ben:
Is busy with work. He did really well in his last class with school and got an A!! We are very proud of him and he is doing well in his current class as well! It is officially summer time around here and so Ben has started into the camping trips with the scouts. His last backpacking adventure ended up being in the snow (last weekend) we have been having a lot of rain so that often means snow for the higher country. They only lost one boy and no one came home broken this time! (don't worry the one that got lost was easily found and still on a trail just the wrong one).


Eliza:
She's been busy and very talkative. I remember about a year ago when I worried because she had so little to say at the time and now there is almost never a moment that is quiet in our house. Life is continually filled with imagination games screaming competitions with her sister and continually asking for friends or Grandma's house. We've been fighting colds again in the house so sleep sometimes escapes this little girl. She has a shocking amount of "Waite" in her genes when it comes to sleep and spends a good portion of her nights talking up a storm and dealing with night terrors on occasion. Poor Kid!
She loves to help with everything (even when it's not very helpful to have her help). Eliza has been saving for a dollhouse for weeks now. It's been about a month in the making and mothers day Eliza made it public to my family that she was working to save money for her dollhouse and they turned around and handed the cute kid money! Darn her adorableness But I made her work some of it off at home after the fact! She got to go pick out some of the furniture for the house as well which she is so excited about! I hope it sees lots of play when we are done!





Alayna:
She had her 18 month check up and here are her stats: She is in the 25% for her weight (caping out at barely 22 lbs) and in the 50% for her height still. So she's long and skinny like her daddy. Her head is still huge, they didn't actually measure that one this time so I don't know where that fits on the growth averages but I would assume she's still in the 90+ % for her head size. Other than that she is healthy as a horse. She did great with her two shots (thanks to an awesome doctor that said one of them wasn't really needed!) and she barely cried for the second one and not at all for the first!
Alayna is starting to talk a lot more these days. Not just her signs there are a number of actual words that are coming out of that little girls mouth! She says Mom "Mom", Dad "Da", Eliza "Yaya", Grandma "MaMa" park "ARK!" usually screamed as we pass one, Look "ook", and "Shh". She blows kisses by sticking her finger in her mouth and pulling it out or by blowing into her hand. She has also taken to climbing EVERYTHING! She is a walking bruise most of the time and it's not supprising when she walks in with blood on her from falling down (again). She is one determined little girl though she'll jump right up from a fall and insist on trying again!
Alayna LOVES to sing. Her favorite song is The Itsy Bitsy Spider it will calm her from almost any tantrum. If you Chance to Meet a Frown is another favorite for hers. I have some very cute video's of her and Eliza singing I'll have to post them later.


Well that about updates each of us currently. We are so excited for summer time and all the vacations and plans we have for our summer this year hopefully I will be better at updating this as we progress into summer more (espcially when school is finally done!)

No comments: