Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!

This has been an interesting week at the Merritt House.

Monday was fun for us! Our mornings have started beginning at about 6-6:30 AM thanks to the sun coming up so much earlier in the day (I love summer but I am seriously considering investing into some kind of blackout curtains for that room!) at 7:30 Lilliana and Imogene Mott came over to play. They played in my disasterized house all morning while I started the process of switching the winter to summer cloths for the girls. Alayna is getting too big for all her 12 month cloths and Eliza is stuck somewhere between her 3T and 4T length in pants so shorts season needs to hurry up! Right after the Mott girls were picked up Laura Turner came over to play followed by Natalie and Jackson. So it was a very busy day of clothing rotation and a revolving door of friends! Such a fun day!


Tuesday was probably the only 'normal' day all week. We ran errands, cleaned up after our weekend of messing up the house and did laundry. All. Day. Long. thankfully by the end of the day I was down to only one more load of cloths to wash and another load of dishes. But you could walk through the house without inflicting serious damage to your feet with every step.


Wednesday was a good day the girls and I just hung out at home. I don't remember most of that day to be honest.


Thursday was spent visiting Abby at work. I really needed to fix my 'man brow' eyebrows and I got my teeth whitened as well. It was a fun morning to visit Aunt Abby! After that the girls and I went to the park to play for a little while. I was lucky enough to come across another mom who was there with her 2 yr old and her 4 week old baby girl. She was kind enough to let me hold and snuggle her tiny little newborn and give me a MUCH needed baby fix. It makes me excited for some of the other mom's in my ward at church to have their babies... not to mention my excitement to have another one of my own in the future. The one down fall to the park was that new thing I learned... Did you know gnats bite!? They live off mammal blood just like masquito. I did not know this. and the gnats at the park made a feast of my kids heads. It really didn't help that the bugs kept getting stuck in the girls fine hair and I'm sure that is the main reason they bit them at all but poor Alayna's head was covered in bloody little spots from the gnats biting her! After their bath (to get all the dead bugs and sand out of their hair) we played at home for the evening!


Friday Ben headed out to UT to go help move Mallory home! We're excited to have her closer to us!! So they made the drive there with only having the side walls of Brian's truck break off once in Wyoming thanks to the wind. I had playgroup at my house that morning from 9:30-1:00 and enjoyed the time with all 8 little girls running around my house and yard. We spent the morning making little rice filled piggy's. They turned out very cute and I even successfully got 7/8 little girls to sew on a sewing machine to finnish them off (Alayna didn't)! I was very proud! and the girls Loved playing with the pigs and reading Pig Pigger Piggest. It was a fun morning but very exhausting. I spent the rest of the day desperately trying to complete two more homework assignments that were due that night.


Saturday Ben and his family all started the trip back home with 1 car, 2 trucks, 1 trailer, and 1 jeep (being towed). The trip started out well but somewhere between Rawlings and Laramie, WY the transmission on Brian's truck went out. So they slugishly inched the truck the rest of the way home (by some kind of miracle!). Ben went ahead with Mallory to the farm house and dropped everything off there unloaded his truck and left the jeep he was towing and was going to go back to help his dad with the truck. He ended up not having to do that thanks to how far Mom and Dad Merritt had made it by the time he could go back for them. In the end it was a bit of a mess but they all made it home. Thank Goodness!


Sunday Ben, Brain, and Diane all got up and worked their way back to the farm to unload everything from Brian's truck and the trailer. I took the girls to church all by myself. It was an adventure but thankfully the girls were very well behaved the whole time! Alayna even went to nursery all by herself! We have a wonderful ward at church and I am so thankful for their kind concern for our family!
And then the most important thing about today: Today is Ben's Birthday!! Happy 31st birthday my sweet amazing Husband. I am so lucky to have you! You are the very best husband and father the girls and I could ever ask for. Thank you for being so wonderful and so selfless even on your birthday!

No comments: