PS sorry for the poor quality of pictures I forgot my camera all week and so my cell phone had to do the job for me!
It's been a busy week for us. I sure seem to feel like I get to the end of my day and I think to myself, what exactly did I get done today!? sadly enough I often can't even answer the question for myself. It's a good day when I really can get it all done!
Monday was NOT one of those days! I hit a breaking point with my kitchen floor finally. And when I hit that point serious work happens in this house! I kicked the girls out (to the backyard of course) for some much needed fresh air thanks to the lack of rain that day! Then I got to work. I scrubbed the entire floor by hand and dried as I went! The floor looked awesome when I was done and so did the bruises on my knees. Next time I'm going to pull out some knee pads for that process! That evening we went to the Merritt's house for dinner because Aunt Mallory and Uncle Evan were there so we wanted to go say hello! Eliza made it about 30 minutes into the evening before she curled up on my lap and begged to go home. This NEVER happens so I knew something must be wrong with her. She then informed us her ear hurt so we went home gave her some Advil and decided to call the doctor in the morning for her ear infection.
Tuesday morning I called the office nice and early (7:20ish) and they said they could fit Eliza into the schedule if she came in at 7:50 so I showered VERY quickly dressed myself and the girls and hauled over to the office. Sure enough she had an ear infection we determined that she is apparently on a two month cycle for infections so we can expect one in July and September and then we will be visiting an ENT to discuss the possibility of tubes. If we are lucky she wont get the next few but we'll see. After the doctor we ran some errands and then the girls played at Grandma Merritt's house while I went to work out. After that Eliza was pretty miserable her fever had spiked and Alayna was so tired there was no more waiting for her nap so we went home and napped/drugged both girls!
Wednesday. I have no memory... I don't recall what all we did that day. We did go get some MUCH needed hair cuts that day! Alayna got her first ever trim and my hair no longer looks like a freaky frizz ball all the time!
Thursday I needed to get some homework done so I called a friend and had some friends come over for the girls to play with. I sure love the Mott kids! They are the best free babysitters ever!! All four girls ran around and played very very well together for hours while I was a bum and did homework! I was thrilled to have gotten so much done! After that morning we cleaned the house back up and just chilled for the afternoon. I went swimming after the girls were in bed and it felt great to be back in the pool. I also determined that I will be needing a new swim suit that is not see-through as soon as it's wet!
Friday was a blast! The girls and I got up and went to Loveland so that we could get my Mom Heather, Heidi, and Kara and go to the Farm. The girls had a blast at the farm playing. There was even baby goats, little pigs, and baby ducks to see which was lots of fun! I think the highlight for Eliza was the "Princess Castle" aka silo that she kept running up and down in! Alayna liked it all she was brave and pet all the animals she could get close enough to! After the farm the girls played more at grandma's house. They came home (as usual) soaking wet and dirty from head to toe. I don't think it is physically possible for them to stay clean now that they can be outside. I have finally hit my breaking point with the laundry and if they get soaking wet they have to go outside and dry off that way!
Saturday was spent doing things around the house. We made a trip to Loveland to check out Jax's army surplus for Ben and then hit the Carters outlet for a baby shower gift. That evening I went to a baby shower and enjoyed some adult time and baby snuggling!
Sunday I got some more baby snuggle time in (I'm a lot baby hungry if you didn't know!) haha! I got to hold a tiny little two week old for 2 of the 3 hours of church! It was so wonderful! Love friends! We had a great dinner at the Merritt's house that evening and the girls got the chance to play outside. Eliza made a HUGE bubble mess and Alayna played on Retread (the horse tire swing). They sure love playing at their grandparents house!
Funny things:
While at the playground with Grandma Waite the Twins and Kara, Eliza had a group of little boys that were kind of picking on her. She finally got fed up with it and exclaimed "You boys are Ticking me OFF and Ruining my LIFE!!" my mom of course heard this exclamation and burst out laughing along with the twins! Who knew that boys could be the source of such distress at such a young age!
Alayna now thinks that shoes are never needed. We can't be anywhere for longer than 5 minutes without her taking her shoes and socks off. I thought maybe they were hurting her feet so I changed sizes... sure enough it didn't fix the issue. So now We just wear more shoes that are fast to put back on when we're out running errands and she needs them.
Alayna is also becoming much more opinionated about all kinds of things. If it's her turn she'll let you and anyone within a 10 mile radius know that she did not get her way! Those girly high pitched screaming battles between the girls are like nails on a chalk board, we are continuing to work on stopping such noises!
No comments:
Post a Comment