Sunday, May 16, 2010

It Snowed in May.

Sorry I missed last week. I guess technically I didn't miss it I just didn't ever get it posted into the blog. Jaron got a copy but that was the only person who did.

Skipping last week and moving on to this week.
Alayna had her 6 month check up on Monday. She's 2'3" (90%), 16lbs 3 oz (55%) and 17.52" head size (94%). I had some questions concerning her distaste for being held on my hip (I thought something might be wrong with hers) but the Doc did a great check and informed me that she's just developing the "princess within". She has also finally cut her first tooth! It's a sharp little thing and she seems to be diligently working on a few more all at once but I was glad to see the one break through!

Eliza has been becoming much more verbal in the last few weeks. in fact she is very good about talking to us rather than just crying for what she needs. Full sentences are almost a given (even when we don't understand all of what she says). She has also taken to asking to go to Grandma's house every day. She gets up in the morning and that is the first thing she asks "go to Gram Gram's house!?"

Ben and I started classes on Friday our first assignments aren't due until next week and the classes seem really basic as far as I can tell. So hopefully these first 5.5 weeks will get us into the groove and not just give us the false impression that school is going to be a walk in the park!

Asside from the freakish weather this week (who said that it was allowed to snow in May!?) we have stayed busy with the house and helping my mom get things done at her house as well. The Waite household survived a BBQ for the swim team being moved indoors thanks to the above mentioned weather. I somehow managed to convince Eliza that playing at the park wasn't an option and she was ok with it!

Friday I took the girls and went to Loveland. Ben has been working late all week and he had planned on going skeet shooting with the Elders Quorm that evening right after work So I figured I'd take advantage of the time and watch Eric and Alan swim at their conference swim meet. The boys did fantastic! Both of them cut significant ammounts of time off their events and they ended up winning the overall event! Ben got the shaft thanks to the blessing of rain (lots of rain) and his shooting outing got canceled, he had to fend for himself for dinner, and I came home exhausted desperate for him to help get the girls into bed. He didn't even really get a break the poor guy!

Saturday we spent the morning trying to convince the girls that they were as tired as us and that they needed to go back to sleep. Then we cleaned, Ben mowed the lawn, and we made a quick trip to Wal Mart where Eliza got her first ever sleeping bag! (it's pink camoflage!) that we will be using on our family camping trip in June!

That's about it for the week. I hope this wasn't too scatter brained of a post but if it is that's because that's all the brains I have left!

No comments: