Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy graduation Eric!

Daddy getting Alayna to laugh. I love this outfit! (don't mind the scratches on her face. I trimed her nails so it wont happen again for a few more weeks!)
My girls!
Eliza at Eric's graduation... she just couldn't take it anymore!
riding the hipo at the zoo!
bridges... they're so fun!
on the bleachers at the zoo
'Layna loves the Zoo too!

Monday: Today I appriciated an exceptionally fun day at the Zoo with my girls! We arrived around 10:30-11 ish and I was furious to find that t what little parking they had left was closed so I had to park on the back side of the zoo in City park and hike me and the girls in.... Only to get back to the front of the zoo and find that they had opened the closed parking spaces in the time that it took me to walk up there. SOOO irritating. Eliza really enjoyed getting to run around the zoo and seeing all the animals and climbing rails and telling me all about everything she could see. Her favorite part of the zoo was the bleachers in the monkey area that I let her run around on for a while. Silly kid! We also ran into Stephanie Spotts with her sister and kids. Eliza made some quick friends with her boys (2 and 4)! By the end of the day both girls were passed out cold in the car and had a very hard time waking back up! Totally worth it in the end.

Tuesday was a crazy day of cleaning and running errands.
Wednesday: we went to Loveland for the day. Ben's been working from open-close all the rest of the week so we took advantage of a little extra time in Loveland, the consequences of that was a week of really pathetic dinners. I've fallen out of my regular cooking goal... boo.

Thursday Eliza started running a fever (103) but I didn't realize it until I had already packed the girls up and taken them over to Grandma's house. So Grandma being the saint that she is kept them anyway while I ran to the store for some "sick kid" supplies. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and Eliza slept off and on all day long.

Friday: I spent the morning cleaning the house. Eliza spent the morning begging to go see Yo Yo (Yogi the dog) and Hhedrhdi (Heather, Heidi). Once the cleaning was done I gace in and took her to grandma's house for a little while. It was kinda a short visit because Eliza was still running a fever and feeling pretty yucky. She also developed a little cough that has progressivly gotten worse over the last few days. I also had my first successful sale on craigslist. I sold the girls armiore that i recently replaced and made a few bucks which is always nice. Eric swam in his State swimming meet that evening as well and swam his best time ever in 100 fly! He's a beast!

SaturdayL Was a fantastic day at home with the family... well at least parts of it was. Ben worked that morning. Grandma Merritt loves me tons so she watched the girls so I could have some time to go garage saleing! I loved the time out looking for some good deals. The wind was insane and the trees were taking a beating but so were my legs it's amazing how sharp leaves can be when they're flying at 30-50mph. That evening Ben took the girls and I went to take pictures at Eric's graduation party.

Sunday! Happy graduation to Eric!! Welcome home to Sandy Depew and Neil Johnson. We went to church in Loveland to listen to Sandy speak and lucked out and got to hear Neil too! Following church we had an incredible dinner at my parents house before heading out to Eric's graduation. Neither one of the girls lasted very long at that before passing out. Just after Eric walked there was lots of cheering and claping and that was the end of their naps and their good moods. We couldn't get either one of them to stop crying so we gave in and left before the graduation was over.

No comments: