Monday, June 21, 2010

Woah Nelly!

Alayna can ride her rocking horse now... it actually rocks a little when she tries!
Eliza thinks that she should be able to ride with Alayna... Alayna does NOT approve because she gets squished!

What a week. It was a whirl wind that came by swept us up off our feet and dragged us mercilessly through the days.

Monday: go to Loveland, play with everyone there. Took Alan to the orthodontist and I went too so I could chat with all the ladies there that I used to work with! Other than that I don't really recall everything we did that day but we stayed plenty busy that is for sure!

Tuesday: swim lessons... followed by lunch and a trip to the park. I really like the park we went to it has some really incredible shaded areas for me and Alayna and sand to play in for Eliza!

Wednesday: I took the girls to the park. it was a different park than Tuesday's park because it had the wonderful water features to play in! They're basically really wonderful sprinklers for kids to play in if you didn't already know that. I was a slacker mom and did not take my camera with me but I did manage to make a new friend that has a daughter Eliza's age and a 2 month old son. It's always nice to make new friends! By the end of the day my back and behind were in SERIOUS amounts of pain from sitting on a park bench all day. Next time I take my own chair and a blanket for Alayna!

Thursday: my back was still hurting like crazy! I took the girls to swim lessons and spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to make sense of my house that looked like a bomb went off in it. That afternoon/evening I loaded the girls up and we went to Loveland to play at another park while mommy sat and chatted with two of her very good friends Sandy and Katrina. I was a rude participant and talked about my kids WAY too much but they were really good sports about it and I LOVED getting to see them!

Friday: went to Loveland to help my mom get things ready for their Talent dinner thingy for the youth in their area that evening. On my drive in my back finally gave up the ghost and I had my mom make an appt with the lovely Renae who spent a hour and a half working the muscles in my back to get it to the point that I could handle moving again. She is a saint! My mom had visiting teaching at the same time so Heather and Heidi were babysitting 3 other kids in addition to Eliza so I had mom take Alayna (thanks to her separation anxiety she screams a lot when I leave). So Alayna cried good and hard at my mom before falling asleep and then was relatively clingy the rest of the day!

Saturday was one HUGE party! the morning started around 6 am getting ready to go to the lake. by 8 we were there with Mallory and Evan and their niece and nephew + one (he's related too but it's too complicated to write). Due to having too many people than the boat could hold and my back still being sore I hung out on the non-existent beach with the little kids and grandma all morning. That afternoon we had an incredible BBQ with all the families that could be there. That evening I crashed. I don't think I could have taken one more thing that day by the end I was exhausted!

Sunday was church and Fathers Day. Happy Fathers day to all the dad's who mean so much in my life! I love you all very very much and most of all Happy Fathers day to my girls Daddy! Ben you are an amazing, incredible, patient, loving, and kind man and an even better Dad! You make me so proud to call you mine! Sunday afternoon was spent at my parents house Eliza loved playing all day with Grandpa and Yogi (the dog) they ran around outside for hours!

At this point We have officially finished our finals for our current classes. We have one week off to reset our brains and begin again. So I will enjoy my single week of freedom and move forward from there!

One final note: Alayna officially crawls now. She's not really fast yet but she gets faster and faster every day. I am finding all kinds of things to baby proof all over again and being reminded how much I dislike fishing stuff out of babies mouths! Good thing she's cute!

No comments: