This was the only one where I had all 3 girls looking in my general direction.
Hailey playing Airplane with her Mommy
Hailey going on a walk with her mommy! That baby sure can cruise for only being 6 months old
What Hailey really wanted to be doing instead of taking pictures... sleepy baby
Hailey and Alayna... they don't look so similar anymore!
I love the confused look... and those baby blue eyes will just steal your heart!
Alayna LOVES balls. the difficult part is keeping them close enough to her... the blanket seems to help for now but eventually she's going to have to figure out how to get them back herself!
Eliza loving the slide! (it wont remain inside but it's funny to watch her slide all day long)Monday: Happy Memorial Day everyone! Thank you to all the wonderful Men, Women, and Families who have sacrificed their time energy and even their lives to give us the freedoms that we enjoy every day.
We celebrated in the traditional fashion this year by loading the girls up and heading to the lake! Having the boat in the water for the first time really makes it feel like summer! The water was incredibly cold (the lake is filled from mountain melt off so it's not much warmer than freshly melted snow) But despite the cold it was totally worth getting in and going for the first run of the season! It was Alayna's first time on the boat... we tried the lifejacket for a little while but it's really too long for her tiny body so I finally gave it up when she needed to eat and fell asleep. Eliza didn't ever warm up to it today but I'm sure she will in the near future just like last year. Following boating there was baths and BBQing at the Merritt's house. In the end everyone had some kind of sunburn except Alayna.
Tuesday was Eliza's first swimming lessons of the year. It's a mommy and me class and thankfully most of the kids in this particular class are around Eliza's age which makes it more fun for all of us. And I don't feel weird when she has a tantrum because every other kid there is doing the same thing! Poor Eliza just froze the entire time. The air in the room is stifling but the actual water is cold enough that Eliza was completely purple and shaking uncontrollably by the end. The rest of that day was spent working on school stuff and things like that.
Wednesday I can't exactly remember what I did all day. I know I was busy... I did something of importance... I just can't seem to recall what that actually was. Laura came over that morning for the dayand had a great time playing in the pool and the basement and all the little people sets... I think every toy in my house had officially been pulled out at that point but the girls and I had SO much fun! My mom and the kids all came over and dropped off Eliza's slide (the one I've been looking for for months and mom found for $8 instead of $40)Thankfully Laura was still here whenthey brought it to hit enough jealousy in Eliza that she started using the slide too! We all took a little time before the family headed back to Loveland to walk around Main street in Longmont. Very enjoyable! I found a cute little maternity store and look forward to using it in a few years!
Thursday was swimming lessons again! Eliza did much better this time around! She wasn't as cold (thanks to a different swim suit) so she had a lot more fun and she participated better overall. That afternoon we went to the Waite household to play with Rachel, Bruce and Hailey. I sure love that they got to come and visit even if it's just for a short time.
Friday was spent sucking up as much of Rachel's time as possible! You see I'm a very greedy and selfish sister and I didn't really want to share her at all while she was here. I was forced to but it was ok because I know that I'm the favorite sister. We went garage saling and hung out until Rachel had to go to her rehersal dinner for Chris and Amanda's wedding. I loved getting to spend some time with them and I stole a couple pictures of the kids while I was at it too!
Saturday we spent basically all day at a wedding. Chris and Amanda are an adorable couple the wedding was beautiful and we experienced our very first Catholic mass. I was clueless and it was very obvious but the ceremony was almost as beautiful as the bride so that totally makes up for it. I also managed to pull of making an entire bow-storage-ribon-thingy full of bows for Hailey before she left. They were pretty dang cute so now all I need to do is get on top of things and get some sent to Ellie! Now that I've figured out how to make them a lot faster (and simpler) it's much more fun!
Sunday Ben and I spent the whole night busting our tails to get some homework turned in on time for one of our classes... I totally stressed myself out but at least it's over with now and I can say that I did what I could and I'll be fine with whatever the grade ends up being. Long weekend over... now onto the next week. It should be loads of fun (first camping trip as a family soon to come!!!)
1 comment:
Cute pictures! You guys both have a little mini-me!
Post a Comment